We’re looking for a new Practice Manager. Applications have been extended till 5pm on 31 January.
Here’s our advert on Seek. Scroll down for the position description.
Small, busy practice
Permanent part time
Lots of autonomy, competitive salary
Richard Evans Vascular is a modern, busy private specialist practice, with HQ @ Bowen Hospital. The majority of patients come to see us for non-invasive varicose vein treatment but we also treat a number patients who have arterial conditions.
We are looking for an experienced, flexible, hands on Practice Manager to join our small, friendly team for approximately 45 hours a fortnight (over 3-4 days a week), with the flexibility to day travel to outlier six-weekly clinics in the greater Wellington region, Palmerston North and Auckland.
Interviews will be held early Feb for an immediate start.
About the role
The Practice Manager:
• works closely with the Surgeon and other staff to ensure the smooth running of the practice
• oversees and manages nurse rosters
• undertakes nursing and theatre functions (theatre experience not necessary)
• works closely other service providers, eg, sonographers and outlier providers
• oversees the supply of all consumables
• manages one direct report.
Skills and experience
Computer literacy (we try to run a paper-less office)
Great communications skills
Some private medical practice experience (desirable)
Some knowledge of office management systems or administration experience (desirable)
Full driver licence (preferred)
How to apply
Please apply online via Seek with a covering letter and your CV by 5pm, Friday 31 January 2020.
Practice Manager Position Description
Richard Evans Vascular (REV) is a private specialist practice based at Bowen Hospital’s Specialist Facility in Wellington. It provides a non-invasive varicose vein treatment service to clients and treatments for patients with arterial conditions.
The Practice Manager will manage and provide operational oversight to REV to ensure the business functions in an efficient and effective manner, with a focus on providing a high-quality professional service to all clients and patients.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Lead and manage direct reports, including coaching, mentoring and support.
• Ensure staff are fully qualified and trained to undertake the functions they perform.
• Ensure staff have annual performance and development plans.
• Oversee and coordinate staff rosters to ensure efficient resourcing, providing cover when necessary, including the
approval of timesheets and leave requests.
• Liaise with sonographers to ensure equipment is functional and available; liaise with sonographers re IANZ
• Oversee all functions of REV to ensure they are undertaken in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ensure that REV is sufficiently staffed at all times to undertake planned theatre and clinic activities.
• Work closely with allied services (PICC team, sonographers, stocking clinics, remote clinics, Laser Aesthetics) to
meet their service requirements.
• Ensure all activities adhere to the required level of clinical practice.
• Oversee the sourcing and supply of all consumables and stockings.
• Work closely with the business owner to support them in their role as Consultant and Surgeon.
• Work with Bowen Hospital to address any operational tenancy issues.
• Work with other co-located practices to ensure shared functions and areas are managed to a high standard.
• Work with other members of the management team to build and develop the business identifying business opportunities
and areas of growth.
• Liaise with managers of remote sites re service and resource requirements.
• Liaise with patients to respond to inquiries and address/trouble shoot any concerns or issues and provide
professional advice and information in a timely manner.
• Undertake theatre and nursing functions for REV as required.
• Manage pre calls and post calls for varicose vein treatments, arterial patients and sonographer appointments.
• Day travel to outlier clinics when rostered.
• Manage reception cover as required.
• Manage patient/after hours contact, as necessary.
• Manage stocking and stocking clinic requirements, including made to measure and patient communication.
• Other functions necessary to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
• Registered Nurse
• Experience managing a specialist medical practice desirable
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Experience managing staff and contractors
• Ability to be flexible and agile
• Demonstrated business acumen
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a small team environment
• Computer literacy
• Knowledge of medical practice office management systems
• Ability to travel domestically on a semi-regular basis
• Current driver licence